Ready to help level the playing field? The GIST is looking for a podcast editor to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for editing audio content for our twice-weekly sports news-based podcast, The GIST of It.
If you are creative, deadline driven and interested in honing your skills, this is the role for you.
The GIST is a women-founded startup that creates sports content, experiences and community that are by women and for all sports fans through our free, localized 4x-weekly newsletter, 3x-weekly sports biz newsletter, 3x-weekly college sports newsletter, daily social media and twice-weekly podcast. Our vision is to become the go-to source for sports for underserved fans.
Since launching across North America in September 2019, our community has grown to over 1M+ GISTers, we have worked with brands like the NBA, FanDuel and Under Armour, and our co-founding team was named to Forbes 30 Under 30 2020.
Want to join our team? We hope so.
Here’s more on the podcast editor role.
Role: Three month contract with the intention to extend.
Hours: This role will require working on Monday and Wednesday evenings, beginning at approximately 8 p.m. ET. The editing process should not exceed 1.5 to 2 hours per session
Reports into: Podcast co-hosts and producers
Key Objective: Timely editing and publishing of twice-weekly podcast, The GIST of It
- Edit audio content for The GIST of It, ensuring high-quality production standards and seamless integration of various segments.
- Collaborate with the production team to ensure the timely delivery of the finalized podcast episodes.
- Implement necessary adjustments to audio levels, remove background noise, and enhance overall sound quality.
- Integrate relevant sound effects and music to enhance the overall listening experience.
- Integrate branded content, both host-read and programmatic.
- Ensure that the podcast episodes adhere to the established brand guidelines and editorial standards.
- Schedule and publish podcast based as outlined in editorial standards.
- Expert understanding and proficiency in using industry-standard podcast editing software such as Adobe Audition, Audacity, or Pro Tools.
- Proven experience in editing podcasts, preferably in a news or interview-based format.
- Strong attention to detail with a keen ear for audio quality and consistency.
- Ability to work efficiently within tight deadlines without compromising on quality.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with the production team.
- A passion for podcasts and a comprehensive understanding of current trends in the podcasting industry.
Picking up what we’re putting down? Here’s what’s next:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “YOUR NAME - Podcast Editor 2023” with:
- Your one-page resume
- In the body of the email, answers to the following questions:
- Why you are the best fit for the role.
- The three most important things to consider when you edit a podcast.
- What’s one thing about our podcast that you would change and/or do differently?
The GIST is strongly committed to diversity and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of color, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The GIST strives to make our entire hiring process as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. For any recruitment related accommodation needs and/or requests please contact us at email@example.com.